I don't have anything funny to say about this. WTF?!? I mean, this think tank is calling for a Berlin Airlift-like effort so that people won't starve and freak out and send the country spiraling out of control, making it even more unstable than it already is. Man.
Eyebrow raiser: "It says food shortages now represented a greater threat to Afghanistan than the Taliban insurgency."
... oh, btw, there is a shit storm of trouble in the Congo. Not that anyone in the American press would care to report about that either.
I mean, I know that we are all tangled up in the election over the past few months — me included — but there is an entire world out there where important and amazing things happen, that we, as readers and listeners and viewers of the news should be informed about. Because whether we like it or not, we are all affected by world events. You know? I just wish our own press would make an effort to cover the world beyond the Atlantic and the Pacific sometime. Sigh.
(OK, back down off my soapbox for the night.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment