But my first impression: Palin's no where near as deft at delivering off the cuff comments or answers, as she is in delivering her scripted and well-rehearsed stump speech. So, I would imagine that that is why they have been hiding her.
She sort of reminds me here of a bad soap actor or something, you know what I mean? Like she just got the script last night, and now she has to do it in a once-off, and she's doing her best to keep to it and sell it, but you she really could have used an extra day or two to get it right.
I kept waiting for the camera to zoom in, and have her stare disturbingly into Charlie Gibson's face, upset and slightly agitated — for 10 seconds or more — as the program went off into commercial... she did, however, look hot-cha. And I always give points out for that. ;0)
And boy, is ABC dragging this out. The network is releasing the interview in three parts over the next two days. Stop being such a moose tease, Gibson!
Anyhow, there's a couple of other addition clips on their feed from the ABC World News portion from tonight, as well. I am sure I will have a lot to say about the interview when I get a chance to the whole thing — and at a decent angle, you know, the kind, like, where we can actually see people's faces?
Oh, and for you uber news geeks out there (like moi), here's a transcript of the first part of the interview.
Best line: (excerpt follows)
Sarah Palin on God:
GIBSON: You said recently, in your old church, "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God." Are we fighting a holy war?
PALIN: You know, I don't know if that was my exact quote.
GIBSON: Exact words.
PALIN: But the reference there is a repeat of Abraham Lincoln's words when he said -- first, he suggested never presume to know what God's will is, and I would never presume to know God's will or to speak God's words.
(um, yeah... gotcha, CB.)
No comments:
Post a Comment