Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rolling paper moon (work with me here, people, work with me)

OK, that pun was weak, I admit. But I mean, really, what do you make of this?!? I love Ryan O'Neal as an actor, I really do. But as a father, apparently, he's the pits. Tatum? Griffin? and of course Redmond now... sigh... he was so talented. C'mon, he ruled in Kubrick's "Barry Lyndon" and you know it!

I mean, I shouldn't judge. I know. We all have problems and I'm far from perfect (and some of you out there are shaking your heads, "Oh, she says she's not perfect, eh? That's the understatement of the year!" as you read this), but when I am 67 years old, I can promise you one thing: I will not be doing crack with my 23-year-old kid.

Still, to me, he will always be Oliver. And I can still see Ali McGraw sitting on those apartment steps, crying. But sometimes, Ryan, you do have say you're sorry. Especially when you act like an ass.

No comments: